
Holy Cow this is yummy! As you all know, recipes are a little tricky in this household, especially when it comes to deserts. Normally, I have several disapointing failures before I figure how to adjust a recipe to where it works out. Since discovering RJ's allergies four years ago, we have had no pumpkin pie during the holidays and, boy, have I missed it!! Tonight, I FINALLY made a successful recipe and it was SO GOOD! I decided to post this recipe for anyone needing a dairy-free, egg-free pumpkin pie recipe. Enjoy!!
2 cups pumpkin puree
3/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1 1/2 cups water
6 1/2 T. corn starch
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
1/2 tsp. ginger
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a medium saucepan, combine all ingredients. Cook over medium heat until mixture begins to thicken, stirring constantly. Pour into pie crust. Bake 30 minutes or until firm.
No comments:
Post a Comment